From the archives: Sunday School parade
This photograph, from the archives of area historian and collector Doug Smith, was recently featured on the Facebook page of Davenport Iowa History. It captures the St. Paul’s Sunday School float in a June 1910 parade. At the time, St. Paul was located on the northwest corner of Main and 14th streets. Sunday School was held at 9 a.m. with church services at 10:30 a.m. and 7:45 p.m. The pastor at the time was Rev. William H. Blancke.