Kids are at home here
Kids and parents find a home at St. Paul. Bright spaces are thoughtfully designed with children in mind. Staff and volunteers bring hearts for sharing faith. In so many ways, this congregation seeks to be a loving sign of God’s grace for families.
Children are welcome in worship
- Children’s messages are included in Sunday worship at 9 and 11:15 a.m. Grown-ups love them too!
- Kids’ bags are stuffed with soft toys, books, and crayons. Borrow one. They’re available at the Sanctuary entrance, whenever you forget “provisions” from home.
- Staffed childcare is available all Sunday morning as needed. Pick up a silent pager and relax into worship or an adult class.
- When your child needs a break from worship, feel free to step out. The service is broadcast through speakers in the Gathering Area, just outside the Sanctuary doors, and in the Nursing Moms’ Room.
Sunday-morning learning for all ages is offered 10:20-11:05 a.m., September through May. During these 45 minutes, everyone scatters to places for learning. The classroom journey begins at age 3. You’ll find your child’s classroom in the education wing:
- Main level: Age 3 and Pre K
- Lower level: Kindergarten through Grade 5
Faith milestones are special markers along the growing-up journey. Each milestone is grounded in the Bible and nurtures faith in everyday life. Here parents and kids discover God’s presence in seemingly ordinary happenings. A milestone is a memorable and fun way to say, “This is an important time. God is here.” Watch for these milestones for children each year:
- One-year-olds: Forming faith
- Three-year-olds: Welcome to Learning Milestone
- Kindergarten: Discovering Worship Milestone
- First grade: 10 Commandments Milestone
- Second grade: Lord’s Prayer Milestone
- Third grade: God’s Word Milestone
- Fourth grade: Holy Communion Milestone
Children: Pastor Sara Olson-Smith